Yaroslavl Architecture Biennale / "Conservation and Development"
Theme: "The preservation and development of historic cities."
Location: historic center of Yaroslavl (Russia) - UNESCO World Heritage Site, Conference-center of the Biennale.
Dates: corrected, will be announced.
Become a speaker: How to register?
— Creation of the influential international platform for the public debate on a twin-track process of preservation and development of the historic environment of cities in the Yaroslavl region (Yaroslavl, Rostov, Uglich, Pereslavl, Rybinsk, Tutaev ...)
— Development of scientific and methodological basis for the three-way partnership (the power - the professional community - public organizations) in the field of heritage conservation and sustainable development of cities.
— Development of guidelines in the practice of the reconstruction of the historical environment of cities.
— Implementation periodic monitoring of World Heritage Sites (including the official report of the expert community).
— Creation of an open art studio for practical solutions of the local problems of preservation and development of the urban environment.
— Resolution of disputes and conflicts in urban regeneration in a trialogue mode: Government - Society - the expert community: on the basis of international experience.
The structure (the main program).
1. International scientific-practical conference "The city between the past and the future."
2. Review - competition for the best achievements in the field of architectural and urban creativity in the reconstruction of the historic environment (project implementation).
3. Creative workshop for the project:
- Restoration of the Upper Park and the greenhouse — the Museum-Estate of N.A. Nekrasov "Karabikha";
- Regeneration of the resort and tourist complex "Golden Ring" (Pereslavl'-Zaleski);
4. Master - classes of UNESCO experts and practicing architects.
« Yaroslavl land keeps the architectural heritage of world significance. Government of the region together with the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) and the Yaroslavl State Technical University Establishes Yaroslavl International Architecture Biennale, as platform for discussion and exchange of experience on the preservation and development of the historic environment in cities. One of the aims of the Biennale — to enhance the status of Yaroslavl as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO as a place of international meetings and the center of tourism.
Bienniale will be held under the motto "City between past and future" and will bring together some highlights: an international conference under the auspices of UNESCO, review-competition of the best achievements in the field of architecture - urban creativity, open creative studio "creative city" and master-classes of the leading experts from UNESCO European and domestic architects. »
The key words that reflect the content of the Biennale are:
"Realism - Regionalism - Reformation for the development of the life of the historic city."
- The Government of Yaroslavl Region
- UNESCO World Heritage Committee,
- ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites)
- Yaroslavl State Technical University.
→ Blog / блог
→ Map, photos, materials for the competition
/ карта, фото, материалы конкурса
and the exhibition space of the Biennale
/ Конференс-центр и выставочное пространство биеннале