|Arcology Skyscraper - HONG KONG / April, 15, 2013
→ ARCOLOGY SKYSCRAPER - HONG KONG
This is a single-stage open international ideas architecture competition run by SuperSkyScrapers to seek Skyscraper design solutions and concepts that best satisfy the set of requirements as outline in this brief for an Arcology development. Winners of the competition will be awarded cash prizes as detailed in the awards section of this brief document.
THE COMPETITION OBJECTIVE
The objective of this competition is to create an investigation into the design and construction ideas of high-rise or very tall architecture and the dynamic communities within and around them with attention to aesthetics, technology, material, flexibility, adaptability and sustainability.
This ideas competition challenges participants to design a NEW Arcology Skyscraper in Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China. The design should create a new iconic Arcology skyscraper in the city.
PROGRAM AND USES:
Design programs should include the following spaces:
• Residential (Living Spaces)
• Commercial (Working and Retail Spaces)
• Agricultural (Food Growing, Production and Distribution Spaces)
• Social / Recreational (Relaxation and Social Community Spaces)
• Recycling / Waste Management.
Total Plot Size: Approximately 9,670 m2 of land (extendable into sea)
• Graduate Architects
• Architecture Students
• Team (Architects, Graduate Architect, Architecture Students, Engineers, Designers )
• Inter-Disciplinary Teams (engineers, designers in-conjunction with an architect).
Every entrant shall be required to pay an entry fee as follows:
• Early Registration: $100 US to 19th January 2013 11:59 (GMT)
• Standard Registration: $120 US from 20th January 00:00 (GMT) to 19th March 2013 11:59 (GMT)
• Late Registration: $150 US from 20th March 00:00 (GMT) to 12th April 2013 11:59 (GMT)
15th April 2013 — Closing Date for Submissions
RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT / PUBLICATION:
03rd May 2013 — Official Result Announcement / Publication
→ PRIZES AND AWARDS:
Winning project entry will receive prizes totaling US$ 6,000.00 as follows:
• US$ 3,500 (THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
• US$ 1,500 (ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
• US$ 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS)